Saturday, February 7
"Here, we worship through rides—the more you scream, the closer to God you become."
Welcome to Dinosaur Adventure Land! Believe me, go here and you'll be taken for a ride.
Thursday, February 5
Hats off to John Hench, who has passed on to that theme park in the sky. Hench was involved in the design of Space Mountain, Walt Disney World, EPCOT, Tokyo Disneyland, and more.
Tuesday, February 3
In 1964 and 1965, Raymond Dashner went to the New York World's Fair with a reel-to-reel tape recorder, and made about 10 hours of recordings. Since then, he's collected more. Now it's 2004, and he sells a CD ROM with 17 hours, 58 minutes and 36 seconds of World's Fair audio and goodies, including:
* The entire Futurama II ride
* A high-quality source tape recording of the Sid and Marty Kroft puppet show Les Poupees de Paris, and a hissy recording of the carnival talker ouside luring people in.
* A bunch of cheesy AM radio promo spots with Pat Boone, Arlene Francis and Joan Crawford (who manages to work in a few mentions of Pepsi)
* The complete and completely awful World's Fair Suite by Ferde Grofe
* Raymond Scott's Toy Trumpet played on the Coca-Cola Carillon
This product is HIGHLY recommended by Danny's Land. You can listen to some of it on this Live365 station.